One of the major misconceptions associated with alcohol and drug rehab treatment in Utah is that if you take away the drug or alcohol use from the client, then they have successfully recovered from their addiction. Unfortunately, this could not be more false. Unresolved issues such as trauma or abuse will continue to fester until enough stress builds up that the addict will eventually resort to using again.
Drugs and alcohol are not the problem…they are the addicts solution as a faulty coping mechanism. Alcohol and drugs seem to be the only viable answer to the recurring issues the addict is dealing with. An individual suffering from the affliction of addiction most likely has swept a multitude of regrettable experiences under the rug to forget about them and hide.
If you think about it, what else in life is quicker than drugs or alcohol when it comes to instant gratification and wanting to avoid unwanted emotions or unpleasant feelings? 385-207-2029
That is why Zion Recovery Center does not waste time educating our clients about the dangers associated with drugs and alcohol. You or your loved one is already fully aware of the destruction and life threatening situations drugs and alcohol bring. We instead discuss and treat the underlying causes that are leading to addiction. For this to be done, we have to first earn the trust of each of our clients.
This is exactly why Zion Recovery Center fosters the safest environment possible by keeping our group sizes small, administering frequent and random urine analysis (UA) tests to ensure program integrity, prohibiting co-ed treatment to occur unless it is on an outpatient level, providing fun activities and outings for both residential and outpatient treatment clients and lastly, incorporating the most recent evidenced-based treatment methods with the ultimate healing power of Jesus Christ’s Atonement.
Because we do these things and more, we are able to jump right in and earn our clients trust at a rapid rate to start discussing some if not all of their most secret and sacred emotional sufferings they have never disclosed to anyone else before.
When you are looking for a drug and alcohol rehab center, we understand that while you know you need help, a long-term commitment may not be what you are really looking for! A lot of our patients called and checked in being pressured by friends, family, work or the Courts.
They have the right intentions but the addiction has other priorities! When choosing a program, Zion Recovery Center has a hole page of what to look for, what to walk away from and what we feel may even be scams within the treatment community.
We would like to encourage you to also look for a program that considers itself or has been certified as Trauma Informed. There are specific characteristics of a Trauma Informed agency such as: An agency has Master’s level clinicians who recognize the impact that any kind of trauma has on the patient, whether the patient recognizes or can connect the dots themselves; an agency has clinicians trained in treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, early childhood trauma and abuse, adults who aged out of the Foster Care system as older teens, and those with re-entry issues from correctional facilities or military experiences.
Without treating the underlying issues whether they be trauma, or mental illness that have led to your addiction you can remain sober for a while but eventually you will resort to chemically numbing out again when old feelings and memories come up. This is why not only do you need a program with highly trained staff, not just paraprofessionals, but you also need continuity of care.
30-90 days of Inpatient is not going to be effective to treat and resolve a long-term issue such as trauma. You will need Outpatient care as well with a seamless transition. A place to turn to when you are home and life starts crowding in again and memories and feelings are bubbling up to the surface. You need our caring and compassionate and highly trained staff, just a phone call away.
We know how hard life can be. We know that just because you had 30, 60 or even 90 days in our healing Inpatient, when you are back home and the world expects you to be “cured”, and wants you to get back to work, get back to being a parent, a full family member again this doesn’t give you immunity from all the old feelings.
In fact, now that you are not chemically numb, all those feelings can be just right there. That’s why it is so important to have those experts in trauma help you set safeguards in place while you are in Inpatient and our continuity of care to help you transition home and into Outpatient. If you were in our Outpatient, this process works the same to transition you to our Aftercare program to continue your healing process.
No matter what level of treatment you need, or what drives your addictions, we have experts and highly trained clinicians taking care of you. We won’t leave your care up to just anyone!
Addictions We Treat
Zion Recovery Centers is a facility focusing on substance abuse treatment Utah can be proud of. We specializes in treating alcohol and drug addictions. Some of the addictions we treat but are not limited to are as follows:
- Heroin (Black, Tar, H, Pepper, China, Chiva, Dope)
- Opiates (Oxy’s, Roxy’s, Percs, Pain Pills, M, Morph)
- Analgesics (Other pain relievers, Ultram, Tramadol, Tylenol, Ibuprofen)
- Methamphetamine (Meth, Crystal, Ice, Glass, Tweek)
- Amphetamine (Speed, Bennies, Uppers, Whiz)
- Alcohol (Booze, Brewski, Liquor, Cold one, 40, Hootch)
- Cannabis/Marijuana (THC, Koosh, Ganja, Weed, Kind)
- Cocaine (White, Snow, Salt, Coke, Blow)
- Crack (Rock, Freebase, Crumbs, Hail)
- Benzodiazepine (Benzo’s, Xanies, Xan bars)
- Synthetic Chemicals (Spice, K2, Bliss, Bath Salts, Purple Wave, Vanilla Sky, 2C-E, Europa)
- Hallucinogens (Ecstasy, X, XTC, LSD, Acid, Shrooms, Special K, MDMA, Molly)
- Methadone (Fizzies, Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Suboxone (Subs, Box, Bupe)
- Barbiturates (Barbs, Bluebirds, Blues, Downers)
- Inhalants (Whippets, Poppers, Huff, Rush, Vapors)
- Over-The-Counter (Cough Syrup, Robitussin, Coricidin, Dramamine)
- Antidepressants (Try-cyclic, SSRI, MOI, Atypical)
- Steroids (Anabolic, Androgenic, Juice, Roids, Gym Candy, Pumpers)
Although we specialize in treating substance abuse disorders, we also treat some mild to moderate mental health disorders. The more common co-occurring mental health disorders we treat are:
- Depression (Suicidal, Feelings of Hopelessness/Worthlessness, Low Energy, Anhedonia)
- Anxiety (Physical Symptoms, Panic Attacks and Recent/Long-term Issues)
- Obsessive/Compulsive/Impulsive Issues (Eating, Sex, Gambling, Spending, Pornography)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD, Splitting, Attention Seeking, Creating Imposible Situations)
- Bipolar Disorder (Type I & II, Cutting, Impulsivity, Cyclic Manic and/or Psychotic Episodes)
- Social Phobia’s (Large Crowds/Inability to Trust)
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD, Sexual/Emotional/Physical Trauma from both Past/Present)
- Environmental Stressors (Family, Social, Legal, Housing, Employment, Finances, Other)
“Zion Recovery Center is committed to fostering a sanctuary of cognitive and emotional healing where the client will finally conquer their deepest fears and release their buried pain and feelings. Our compassionate and competent staff will efficiently provide the best care available through utilizing spiritual and other evidence-based methods. Without fail, we will consistently remain as the leader of addiction treatment by adapting to change, treating staff and clients as equals, by never being afraid to pioneer new modalities, and always prioritizing the specific and individual client needs.”